Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2014

Stop Violence Against Women- Nailart for a Cause Part 1

Hi Everyone,

I would like to share a very special nailart today. Nailart is always associated with beauty and considered as an accessory for women. For me it's also a way of self expression, being a part of nail community I know many nailartists who express their emotions, voice their opinions and tell a story through the medium of nailart. This idea of nailart came into my mind when I read the latest rape case by an Uber-Cab driver in Delhi-India. I felt anguished and thought if I can express what I want to say through my nailart it will be a great way for self expression. I talked about it with my friends and some of them agreed to share their nailart  for the same cause. I will share their work tomorrow. Now let's have a look at my nail art.



I would like to explain what each nail represents.

Starting with index finger. I painted a newspaper showing different kinds of crimes against women like dowry murders, rape, molestation, abuse, torture etc. This is a shame that we live in a society where these things are still prevalent. Every single day we can read a new news about violence against women.



On my middle nail I painted a women who is scared and bruised due to violence. It can be a rape victim or of any other form of violence but one fact remains same the pain is endless. Any sensible human can feel the pain of a woman who goes through all this.



On ring finger nail I wrote Stop Violence Against Women. This symbolises the awareness coming in our society. We can't deny the fact that people are coming forward to talk on this subject. We have various NGOs and Government Agencies to help victims. Media is also covering and creating awareness on various issues. Rape victims are also taking courage to tell the world their plight. This all gives a ray of Hope that one day this social evil will come to an End.



Lastly on pinki nail I made a peace sign and symbol of male and female gender with an equal sign. This is what we want in our society. This is the solution of all the problems. When there is no discrimination on the basis of gender, when women is free to do what her heart says, when she can be fearless then only peace will prevail in our society and we will rise above.



“I raise up my voice-not so I can shout but so that those without a voice can be heard...we cannot succeed when half of us are held back.” 
― Malala Yousafzai





Lastly I would like to add change starts from us. If you are a women educate males in your family to respect women and treat them equally and at the same time raise your voice against any injustice. If you are a man then start respecting all women of your family and outside your family. If you treat your wife , daughter and sister with respect your son will learn it automatically. Remember this is a social stigma and we can eliminate only if we change our way of thinking.

I am so glad that you took time to read my thoughts, I will really appreciate if you can share your views too. You can share this post with your friends too for creating a little awareness.

THANKS


Love-ANita

Please come back tomorrow to read Part 2 and read thoughts of other nailartists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment !