Search This Blog

Friday, June 6, 2014

Runway to Bollywood to Nails - Bhibhu Mohapatra Spring 2014 Fashion inspired Nailart

Hello Lovelies,
So finally I am sharing my first runway inspired nails which I was planning to do for a long time. Fashion is indeed a great inspiration and I thought to try my hand on it too :D When I came across this creation of Bibhu Mohapatra , a leading fashion designer based in NYC I instantly felt I can do this on my nails.This is a part of his Spring2014 collection.  I got the inspiration pic from Vogue India magazine. Sonam kapoor (Bollywood actress) wore this dress in a party !She totally rocked it with her smoky eyes and nude lips :) And here is my nailart !





How to get the look ?

I planned to do the runway version of the dress as I liked that more. I created the base using a sheer black polish ! Now what is sheer black ?? You make it by adding a tiny drop of black to a good amount of clear polish (can be top coat or base coat) then apply on to your nails . Then with a black polish and striping brush create abstract pattern some rectangles triangles as seen on dress. Now fill some of the patterns with a sheer nude and you make sheer nude also by adding nude to clear polish :D

So what do you think? I am totally obsessed with fashion inspired nailart so you might see me doing these regularly. I hope you will like just share your thoughts with me :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment !