Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Diwali Nailart 2015

Hello Lovelies,


Today is Deepawali also known as Diwali. It's an Indian festival celebrated with a lot of enthusiasm all over India. There is a mythological story behind this festival. Diwali falls 18 days after Dushera festival  (Dushera marks the demise of demon king Ravana by Lord Rama). It's said that Lord Rama returned to Ayodhya (his home) with his wife Goddess Sita and brother Lord Laxmana after 18 days so to welcome him Ayodhya was decorated with earthen lamps called diyas and people celebrated this day as Deepawali or Diwali which means festival of lights. It's biggest festival of Hindus and rituals extend to period of five days. There is another story that Goddess Laxmi was born during Diwali festival. She is Goddess of wealth and prosperity in Hindu religion so she is also worshipped during Diwali. Check out pictures below and enjoy the festivities :)...........


I made this rangoli using stencils and freehand - Not so perfect but I liked it :)




Coming to nailart- On thumb I wrote happy diwali with crackers and candles all freehand. On index I created firework,using glitter gradient as background and then painting firework on top of it , On middle and ring nail I made diya (earthen lamps) and on pinky nail I made rangoli which I first stamped from BP-25 stamping plate (BornPrettyStore) and then filled acrylic colours directly on nail. To decorate lamps and rangoli I used nail decorations from LadyQueen. I will be doing review of items I received from Lady Queen in next post :) so stay tuned.

Thanks a lot for your time-HAPPY DIWALI once again !!

Follow on Bloglovin




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment !