Search This Blog

Friday, October 24, 2014

Diwali Nailart - Wishing All a Happy Diwali 2014

Hello friends,

Wish you a wonderful Diwali. Diwali is the festival of Lights and celebrated in the honour of Lord Rama returning to his home. This is a week long festival and different days have different ceremonies. Goddess Laxmi and Lord Ganesha are worshipped as this festival is also considered as start of Hindu's new year and Hindus pray for prosperity and good luck for coming new year.

This is my favourite festival. As a kid also I loved decorating my house with earthen lamps and helping my mother in making rangoli. I tried to recreate the same scene on my nails. Have a look








I first created a gradient base and you can learn how HERE then I painted a brick wall using acrylic paints. I made small diyas(earthen lamps) on the wall and to make it look lit up used a little yellow paint in a circle which was watered down. 

I hope you liked this design. With this nailart we finished our #indianfestivity nail challenge. But you can join us on facebook if you want to be a part of our future challenges. For more #indianfestivity nail art you can visit our Pinterest board and Follow:)

Thanks!
Love-ANita


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment !